UCAR’s Employee Resource Groups (ERG) create space and connections among staff members with support from the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (ODEI).
ERGs are formed by staff members as outlined in policy 6-20. (Staff can read the policy here.) ERGs must meet the following requirements in order to be established:
- Have a clearly stated purpose, which helps to achieve UCAR’s DEI goals and mission as stated in the UCAR DEI Strategic Plan.
- Support a common interest or identity. For example, employees may choose to form an ERG around racial or gender identity, veteran status, disability status, LGBTQ+ status, or other similar characteristics.
- ERGs cannot support or be organized around a specific religion or political affiliation as this could be interpreted as promoting these interests and is prohibited by UCAR Policy 3-4.
- Meet a need for support not currently being met by an already established ERG.
- ERGs must be open to all UCAR/NCAR employees regardless of identity.
If you’re interested in creating a new ERG please contact ODEI@ucar.edu or see policy for more details.