The Military & Veterans' Employee Resource Group (ERG) is an affinity group for military reservists, veterans, their families and allies at NCAR/UCAR/UCP. The group provides a network of support, raises awareness of veterans' issues and honors them throughout the year.
- Connect veterans with each other for camaraderie, support and mentoring.
- Continue the sense of mission & cohesion from the military to NCAR/UCAR/UCP.
- Identify pathways from military service to NCAR/UCAR/UCP careers; increase awareness of opportunities for internships and employment.
- Highlight veteran advocates across the organization who mentor, provide resources, and translate military experience into civilian lingo.
- Leverage veterans’ technical & leadership experience in all aspects of the lab’s work: logistics, planning/management, trades/tech, engineering, and research.
- Build community through events (Veterans Day, Memorial Day, 9/11, July 4th) and activities (Toys for Tots drive, local USAFA, JROTC & ROTC partnerships, Social Meet-ups).
- Earn a reputation as an organization committed to veteran hiring, retention, and professional development.
- Support other affinity groups and cross-collaborate to achieve intersectionality.
Join the Military & Veterans Conversation
Intern With Us
DoD Skillbridge internship coming soon!
In addition to events to commemorate Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Veterans Day, we will use the staff events calendar to announce regular casual social events (picnics, potlucks & happy hours) and opportunities to engage with local JROTC, ROTC, Air Force Academy, military & veteran career fairs, Wreaths Across America, Toys for Tots and community events connecting, serving and honoring veterans.
Click the image above to read more about the veterans and military reservists at our organization