Community Support Resources
Gender Neutral Restrooms
Below is a list of the all-gender/gender-neutral, single-stall restrooms on the Boulder-based UCAR and NCAR campuses:
- Center Green campus, building 1: Room numbers 2024, 3048, and 3052
- Foothills Lab campus, Anthes (FLA) building - on the ground floor - room numbers 1016, 1017, 1018, and 1028
- Mesa Lab building: Second floor of the exhibit area and all restrooms in the towers are single stall. The room numbers are 370, 414, 471, 474, 514, and 572.
If you are aware of other single-stall restrooms on any of the UCAR and NCAR campuses, please email Kristen Luna Aponte and the information will be updated.
Breastfeeding and Lactation Support
Employees and visitors may access any of the following rooms for milk expression or breastfeeding needs:
- Center Green building 1 - room 2615
- Foothills Lab building 1 - room 1041
- Foothills Lab building 2 - room 1042
- Foothills Lab building 3 - room 1049
- Foothills Lab Anthes building - room 3267 (within HR)
- Mesa Lab - room 017C (level 2B) and 35A (level 1B). At Mesa Lab, the rooms are accessed by keycard (employees: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have this set up).
Access is by physical key at locations other than Mesa Lab. Physical keys are available from the campus front desk.
UCAR and NCAR buildings are all breastfeeding friendly. A breastfeeding parent may feed their child anywhere they have the right to be within our buildings, in accordance with Colorado law.
Staff can visit Policy 6-18 Lactation Support for more detailed information.