We bring science to bear on the policy and legislative issues of the day, focusing on key investment priorities critical to our nation and planet, and advocating for the role of science in formulating weather, water, climate, space weather, and associated Earth system research policies.
We serve the atmospheric and Earth system science community by:
- highlighting the value and implications of our science for policy and legislative issues;
- identifying and advocating for research priorities critical to our nation and planet;
- acting as a neutral, fact-based voice on Earth system research policies;
- helping scientists effectively engage in the policy process; and
- building consensus for initiatives that enhance the community's success and standing in Washington.