UCAR's Next Generation Fellowship program is intended for currently enrolled graduate students. Additional requirements include:
- Currently attending a North American university (Canada, USA, or Mexico) as a graduate student;
- Hold an undergraduate degree in atmospheric science or a related Earth system science, such as one of the other geosciences, chemistry, computer science, engineering, environmental science, mathematics, meteorology, oceanography, physics, or social science;
- Science and DEI track applicants can be of any nationality. Public Policy applicants must be US Citizens;
- We strongly encourage applications from students from underrepresented populations.
|Earth System Science||DEI||Public Policy|
Application materials, deadlines, and schedules
- To be eligible for consideration, you must complete the application and submit two letters of recommendation.
- You must be enrolled at a graduate school for Fall of the year you apply and must not graduate before Spring two years later.
- If you are applying for more than one fellowship track, you must submit a separate application for each track.
- Letters of recommendation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters may be submitted either by the student or the person writing the recommendation.
- Application deadline is TBD May/June 2023.
- Awards will be announced on TBD August 2023.
Impact on fellows' finances
We strongly encourage awardees to contact their university in advance to understand how accepting this award may affect other awards, scholarships, and grants. It is the fellow’s responsibility to understand any possible ramifications of accepting a place in the Next Generation Fellowship program, including any impact this may have on your personal taxes, existing funding, fellowships, institutional assistantships, or other financial support you may be receiving or eligible for. We strongly recommend that you consult with a tax professional and/or financial expert at your school to assess your personal situation. In general, this fellowship should not conflict with other awards, but please enter any questions or concerns in your application. If there are any obstacles to accepting this award, please contact Claire Raftery at UCAR for assistance.