Drop by booth 505 to meet scientists and staff, learn about opportunities with NCAR and UCAR, and see what resources we have available.
New this year, you can also join us for presentations about the latest research and resources from our organization. Please see the preliminary schedule below and check back soon for more details!
Monday, Dec. 9: Opening night!
Drop by between 6 and 8 p.m. to meet with leadership and learn about our recent strategic planning efforts.
Tuesday, Dec. 10: Computational science + data services
- 10-10:20 a.m. — Machine learning in NCAR's Climate and Global Dynamics lab (Katie Dagon)
- 11:30-11:50 a.m. — Geosciences data access with the Integrated Data Viewer (Yuan Ho)
- 1:10-1:30 p.m. — UNIDATA overview
- 2:30-2:50 p.m. — Geoscience data access with Python (Ryan May)
- 3-3:20 p.m. — Geoscience data access with THREDDS/Rosetta (Sean Arms)
- 3:40- 4 p.m. — Enabling science at scale (Jeff de La Beaujardiere)
Wednesday, Dec. 11: Unified modeling + data assimilation
- 10-10:20 a.m. — System for Integrated Modeling of the Atmosphere (SIMA) (Jean-Francois Lamarque)
- 1:10-1:30 p.m. — Multi-Scale Chemistry Modeling (MUSICA) (Rebecca Schwantes & Forrest Lacey)
- 3:40-4 p.m. — A preview of the new NCAR Strategic Plan (Everette Joseph)
Thursday, Dec. 12: Earth observations for prediction and understanding
- 10-10:20 a.m. — Constellation Observing System for Meteorology, Ionosphere, and Climate-2 (COSMIC-2) (Bill Schreiner)
- 12:30-12:50 p.m. — Analyzing satellite observations (Yuan Ho)
- 1:10-1:30 p.m. — Measuring water isotopes (Adriana Bailey)
- 3-3:20 p.m. — Analyzing radar/lightning observations (Jeff Weber)
- 3:40-4 p.m. — The COronal Solar Magnetism Observatory (COSMO) (Sarah Gibson)
Friday, Dec. 13: Education, Scientific Services + Partnerships
- 10-10:20 a.m. — COMET - 30 years of Geoscience Training (Liz Page)
- 10:30-10:50 a.m. — Fellowships, internships, faculty opportunities at NCAR (Lorena Medina Luna)
- 11:00-11:20 a.m. — Significant Opportunities in Atmospheric Research and Science (SOARS) (Kadidia Thiero)
- 11:30-11:50 a.m. — Cooperative Programs for the Advancement of Earth System Science (CPAESS) (Hanne Mauriello)
- 12:00-12:20 p.m. — GLOBE + UCAR SciEd partnerships (John Ristvey)