September 28, 2012
||UCAR Members’ Representatives
||William Beasley, Chair of the UCAR Membership Committee
||2012 Membership Committee Report
The Membership Committee conducted its business over email and via conference calls this past year. We considered one new university applicant for UCAR membership, reviewed six Member and four Academic Affiliate renewal applications.
The new member applicant, University of Georgia, hosted members of the Membership Committee for a very interesting site visit on 12 April 2012. We were pleased to have them apply and look forward to a long relationship with them.
On 7 August 2012 the Membership Committee had a conference call where they approved the University of Georgia application; the committee also voted to recommend approval of the six renewing Member institutions, the four renewing Academic Affiliates, and two new Academic Affiliates whose applications we reviewed this year.
The Members will vote on these recommendations at the Annual Meeting; please review the reports below. No vote is needed on the Academic Affiliate recommendations; the Membership Committee’s approval completes their affiliation application process.
I want to thank the members of the committee for reading the applications, attending the site visit and for writing the reports:
- William Beasley, Chair - University of Oklahoma
- Lourdes B. Avilés, Plymouth State University
- Ken Bowman, Texas A&M
- Daniel Keyser, SUNY-Albany
- Nicole Mölders, University of Alaska, Fairbanks
- Jennie Moody, University of Virginia
- Len Pietrafesa, North Carolina State University
- Todd Sikora, Millersville University
- LuAnne Thompson, University of Washington
- George Young, Pennsylvania State University
- Joe Zehnder, Creighton University
Renewing Member Institutions:
Institutions applying for Membership: