Please note: All of the presentations below are PDF files. If you are unable to view the files throughout this webpage, please download the free Adobe Reader by clicking here. You will be directed to Adobe's free Reader download page.
Michelle Flores if you would like the PowerPoint files that were used in the presentations below.
- Issues in Geoscience Education: Accountability and Accreditation
- Eric Barron, formerly Dean of Geosciences, Univ. of Texas, Austin, TX; Director, NCAR, Boulder, CO
- Christopher Keane, Director of Communications and Technology, American Geological Institute, Alexandria, VA
- Discussion Panel on Accreditation / Questions from Floor Panelists:
- Wayne Pennington, Geology and Mining Engineering Chair, Michigan Tech. Univ.
- Rich Clark, Earth Science Chair, Millersville Univ
- Fred Carr, Meteorology Chair, Univ. of Oklahoma - University Degrees Offered and Degree Stats. (Excel file)
- Alan Robock, Professor, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick, NJ - Accreditation
- Forum on Department Issues and Challenges
- What do Graduate Schools Look For? A Comparison of Atmospheric Sciences Programs
New Directions in Geoscience: Geoengineering and Climate Change
- Michael MacCracken, Chief Scientist for Climate Change Programs, Climate Institute, Washington, DC
- Phil Rasch, Chief Scientist, PNNL, Richland, WA
- Simone Tilmes, Project Scientist, NCAR, Boulder, CO
- Alan Robock, Professor, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick, NJ
Department Issues: Research Funding, Challenges Concerning our Graduates
- Tim Killeen, Assistant Director for Geosciences, National Science Foundation, Washington, DC
- Human Resources in the Atmospheric and Geologic Sciences Lisa Frehill, Executive Director, Commission on Professionals in Science and Technology, Washington, DC
- Recent and Future Trends in U.S. Undergraduate Meteorology Enrollments, Degree Recipients, and Employment Opportunities, John Knox, Assistant Prof., Univ. of Georgia, Athens, GA