Each year, the University
Relations Committee plans the "Forum" for
the Annual UCAR Members meeting.
Past Forums have focused on a broad
range of topics, including the role of a national center in our
community; the future of the research university; and private,
public, academic partnerships for weather and climate research
and services. For the 2005 meeting, the URC decided that the Forum
would be a community "Open
House" comprised of tours, a poster session, and a plenary
discussion. The goals of the Open House were:
- To engage the university participants and UCAR staff in a two
way dialogue on the following Open House Challenge:
- What is the UCAR program doing for the community?
- What are university capabilities and needs in
- How could we be working more closely together
in this area to reach an outcome that we can’t
- To stimulate
ideas about collaborations and partnership in the tours
and poster sessions and present them during the plenary session.
- To incorporate collaborative and community ideas, as appropriate,
into UCAR strategic planning.